Sunday, November 23, 2008

Favourite Chapter

John 6 : 48-59

'I am the bread of life. Your ancestors
ate the manna in the wilderness,
and they died. This is the bread that
comes down from heaven, so that one may
eat of it and not die. I am the living bread
that came down from heaven. Whoever
eats of this bread will live for ever; and the
bread that I will give for the life of the world
is my flesh.'
The Jews then disputed among themselves,
saying, 'How can this man give us his
flesh to eat?' So Jesus said to them, 'Very
truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of
the Son of Man and drink his blood, you
have no life in you. Those who eat my
flesh and drink my blood have eternal life,
and I will raise them up on the last day;
for my flesh is true food and my blood is
true drink. Those who eat my flesh and
drink my blood abide in me, and I in them.
Just as the living Father sent me, and I live
because of the Father, so whoever eats me
will live because of me. This is the bread
that came down from heaven, not like that
which your ancestors ate, and they died.
But the one who eats this bread will live
for ever.' He said these things while he
was teaching in the synagogue at Capernaum.


^ This chapter I love. ^

No comments: